Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"I love you Daddy"

Happy Father's Day!!!
This Father's Day in our home we are thankful for a wonderful man who loves us conditionally and who works incredibly hard to provide for our family. He is always there to help someone in need and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. 

Hensley adores in him so much and looks up to him as much as any little boy could to his Dad. He wakes us every morning and asks if it's a day that Daddy has to go to work. The days he is off he spends wrestling with Hensley or playing video games. They go fishing and play pool together. I would say in our home we have a pretty good balance of "mom play time" and "dad play time". Hensley is perfectly content to play a board game with me or help me with chores but when Daddy is home he is all about playing basketball or having a Nerf gun fight!

We spent the day waking up to gifts :) We got Andy a ticket to Beerfest with his good friend Chad for Father's Day so all the other gifts were handmade :)


We made him a shadow box to put his beer tops in. I seen the idea online and once it starts to get filled up with different colored ones it looks really cool! Hensley loved doing the super hero hand print hanging and the "king of the grill" platter :) He got a really awesome card with a real koozie that acutally whistles "Don't worry, Be happy." He loved it :)



We went to church with my family and Grandpa a little early for breakfast and a great service :)


We were going to go to lunch with our friends afterwards but on a whim we all decided to pack up the kids and head to the pool! The guys work so much that they never get a chance to go so it was the perfect Sunday to hit the water slide.


 And it was totally worth skipping lunch! The guys had a great time, more fun then the kids I think. It was very relaxing and a day we will never forget for sure. It was nice just enjoying our little family and our friends.



We grabbed some Brixx Pizza on the way home and cuddled on the couch for the rest of the evening.

We did a lot of fun things for the special day but with all the "things" nothing means more then the people we spent it with and the memories we have them. I am so thankful to have such special in my life who love me and who love Hensley. I know it was hard for Andy who is missing his Dad this year but we know he is watching over us always. It's also hard for me because we love my Grandpa and spent time with him at church but I failed to take any pictures and I always wonder in the back of my mind and hope it's not our last Father's day with him. We love him so much!



Happy father's day!! You didn't have to take the role in my life that you did but you chose to and I am forever grateful to you for that. You always love me, encourage me, and are there for me any time i need you. You are not only a great dad to me but also Andy. And you are an even better pawpaw! Hensley loves you so much. He misses you badly when are gone. You always make him laugh smile emoticon thank you for loving us! We love you so much!!!!!!!!



Happy father's day andy. We love you to the moon and back. Hensley adores you. You are his hero. I love how close you are to him and I love seeing his face light up when you come home every evening from work. I couldn't ask for a better father for my son. We love you smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment