Friday, February 15, 2013

Transitions........



Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glorify in tribulation also; knowing that tribulation worketh patience. 


This year has proved to be a time of constant changes and transition. Its been a trying time and a time where I have been tested in ways I have thought I could never overcome. And it's only February......

But I have overcome those obstacles :)

Just coming out of our holiday happy fog reality hit. HARD.

Andy got a new job project in Pennsylvania for 2 MONTHS! (luckily it didn't last quite so long. more on that later). He left on January 6th. I was going to be completely alone with household stuff, parenting stuff, and all around adult stuff! I have never been away from him longer then 5 days at a time and neither has Hensley. It was going to be an adjustment to say the least.

It was hard at times. Very easy at others. I found out that things I thought might be difficult weren't so bad. And things that had never entered my mind were very challenging. It was hard being at home without him in the evenings. Scary even at times. It was hard doing all the parenting stuff with no little break or other point of view. It was hard having extremely little me time. It took some balancing and some prioritizing but we got in a routine that made Hensley and I both happy. We did Facetime. Lots of phone calls and texts.

Discipline is something I have been lucky enough to take the back seat to a lot. I usually tried to be the good guy and let Andy deal with a big part of that. And staying true to my role that continued....for  little while! Hensley quickly learned Daddy was gone and Mommy was a pushover. He was a bit out of hand and I suddenly became the bad cop :( But he quickly snapped into shape and took notice!

Valentine's approached and there was no sign that Andy would be coming home soon. It was a little depressing. Suddenly the Monday before Valentines Day he called with the most amazing news that it was time for him to come home :) :)

Seven and half long hours later....He arrived :) I have never ever ever in his entire little life seen Hensley happier! We had kept it a secret so he had no idea until Andy walked in the door. It was awesome to see his face! It was immediately time for long overdue wrestling matches!!! :)

The hug that lasted FOREVER :) 



Speaking of Valentines Day it was wonderful :) Andy was home. Flowers cards and candy were exchanged. Lots of hugs. Lots of love.

Hensley loved everything about his gift from us :) He had an amazing little party at preschool which we attended. And Andy and I had the whole morning with just each other.

Hensley was so excited :) 











The Valentine's for all his friends :) 


A week off work for Andy was complete bliss. Morning snuggles with us all in bed. Evenings cuddled on the couch watching movies and playing board games. I was actually cooking again!! There was a lot of video games played, ball games in the living room and wrestling matches before bed. Hensley and I have just loved every minute.

Monday is approaching and it's back to reality once again.The whole Monday through Friday of Daddy being gone but the greatest thing is every night at 6:30 pm he will be rolling in our driveway because he is working LOCAL!

We were faced with some tough decisions of where Andy would go to work once he was back home and I honestly think we made the right decision. Money can't buy the evenings where I hear Hensley belly laughing at his Daddy. Or waiting by the side door to see him pull him. No amount of money can change how it feels to look over in the bed and see him laying there with us. So as we begin this new journey where I know we will be tested many more times and maybe even question our decisions I always remind myself that GOD has our perfect plan already laid out and as long as we pray and believe and go with our gut we will be fine. Our little family means everything to us. The memories truly are priceless. These precious moments of time that seem to always be slipping through our fingers like water can't be bought.



Psalm 84:12
12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.



Psalm 9:10
10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment