Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's a blank canvas....paint something beautiful!




This year is almost over which is very hard to believe. It seems like it was just yesterday when I laid on my couch, hubby asleep on the love seat, and Hensley sleeping beside me, watching the ball drop and wondering what this year would have in store for us. It was a fun year. It was packed with so many memories and fun adventures. It was also full of a time without Andy home. He worked out of town a lot this yea;r there were TWO 2 month stretches where he wasn't home and that was hard.

This year ended ties with some people that were much needed for the growth of our family and it also invited new amazing people into our lives. We have been so blessed this year with the people that have surrounded us. They have uplifted us, supported us and loved us. In life it always seems as life changes so does relationships with people in your life. As this year comes to close and we look around at the people we share our lives and our hearts with I feel so much peace with it. Honestly the best thing about this year has been the people we have shared it with.

Andy has worked so much this year and a lot of the year it kept us from him but we have tried to always stay grateful for it. He has worked so hard the past few years to find his place in the field he loves and this year he did. Despite having very little time off and working a lot of 60, 70 and even 80 hour weeks at times he loves his job and his co workers and that has made all the difference in the world.

We were so lucky to spend another year watching our beautiful little boy grow and thrive. It's crazy to me to think that he will be turning 5 in just a few short months. He has reached so many goals and excelled in school by leaps and bounds. We saw him fall in love with swimming and karate. His freckles have continued to multiply which is just fine by me. He swam all summer long, made new friends and, sadly, has slowly started to lose a lot of his little baby features. But as always it's bittersweet watching our children grow.

There are so many things I have learned this year personally and as a family unit. But in life we realize that most of the time when we think we have learned a lesson life throws us a curve and we realize we are never done learning. I found a strength this year inside myself that brought me a lot of peace. This was a big year for me to reconnect with myself and be happy with who I am. I have an easier time not comparing myself to others and I have left social media in the dust a little more often to focus on family and that has made a big impact on me.

Another year passing and growing older always is a journey that must include hard time and happy ones, but if you play it right you become a little better verison of yourself after each dropping of the ball. You now have to take all those moments and weave them together, learning from them all, and creating a beautiful life.

One quote that I found myself relying on quite a bit this year was "Some people search the world over looking for something beautiful, while others carry within  them." This year I plan to expand on that and continue to rely on it. Carrying yourself with a positive attitude, a good heart, and a kind spirit will allow you to carry the beautiful inside you at all time. Learning that in order to find happiness you must look within is a big lesson.

This year instead of resolutions we are going to use the word "goals" because let's face it resolutions never stick and I like the word goals better ;) I've never set anything big ones or any really that I intended to act one but this year I am feeling refreshed and inspired. So let's give it a go :

- My friend Emily (who is a big reason this year made me so thankful) got a new DSLR for Christmas and set a goal to take 365 pictures this year in manual mode. And since I've had mine 2 years now and have never tried to learn much about it I am setting this same goal :) I can't wait to see the amazing photos we take.

- BOFM365 on Instagram is posting scriptures everyday for the whole year and once you have read them all you have read the entire Book of Morman. I am excited to explore this and see where it takes me.

- Blogging will be big this year. I am planning to devote a few mornings a week to it while Hensley is at school and learn some more features and "fun stuff".

- Biting my nails .... so over this year!!!

- My husband and I are trying a weekly savings program we found online this year and I am really excited to see where it goes.

- An amazing vacay with our sweet friends, The Williams' is so in order this year!!! Cruise here we come!

- Being more organized and more devoted to things that make me happy are big for me this year. I plan to spend time on things that bring me joy and for those who don't ..... as ta La Vista!!!!

Happiness is on the top of our priority list and I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!!!! :)

I decided to post one picture from each month of this year. My favorites. The ones who bring me JOY!


January: brought snow!!

February  had no shortage of love



March is a pretty fun month with Hensleys birthday :) Three of my favorites for this month :) 




April was warm and full of trampoline afternoons :)




May was muddy and a cute little bunny and a fluffy little puppy joined our family 




June brought a gymnastics graduation and a lot of days at the splash pad


July brought the beach. Salt water and ocean air.... we could have stayed all month!



August was full of anticipation for school to begin enjoying the last few days of summer and lots of Popsicles!

Back to school for September. Entering our last year of preschool was very bittersweet

October = Halloween and lots of candy


November! I wanted to post some Thanksgiving related photo but this was my favorite photo by far for the month!


December: Our yearly family photo :) I love this tradition :)
Here's to 2014 bringing new adventures, more blogging, lots of laughs, lessons learned, and a lot more JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment