Thursday, March 14, 2013

Capturing Moments in Time

Everyday I take photos. Sometimes dozens! Just depends on the day or what events are taking place. 99% of this photos are of my boy. My sweet adorable little man! (or of my sweet adorable little doggie!) Most of them are snapped carelessly with no thought or planning. These days most photos are taken on my iPhone and less and less on my actual camera. And with that comes the ability to be able to instantly post them to social media sites.

Most people I know are either on Instagram or Facebook, or BOTH nowadays. It's just a normal part of life now. Log on. Check In. Comment on this status. "Like" that photo.

And that's just the beginning. That is where so many start comparing themselves. Their lives. Their parenting. Their life events. Their happiness  But we can't pretend or begin thinking that what we see here, online, is the whole truth. It never is.

I have gotten several comments from people saying things like "You guys are always having fun!" or "Hensley always seems so happy!"  And for the most part we are and he is! But with all photo sharing online now things can become a bit distorted and cheesy.Our online profiles don't tell the whole story.



I don't snap a photo when I am up to my eyeballs in laundry. Or when Hensley has totally destroyed a  room  5 minutes after I have cleaned it. I don't reach for my camera on days when nothing goes right or my husband and I are bickering about one thing or another. No photo is shown of me chasing that adorable little puppy all around the neighborhood when she won't listen. And I make sure to leave out the days I have a total breakdown about being overwhelmed with birthday decorations, preschool bills being due, my brother driving me insane and bags under my eyes. I choose to share the beautiful moments in life. The smiles, the laughter, the memories I want to never forget, as do a lot of people.

All these photos capture the very best of everyday. The photos are just me trying to desperately hold on to what is good, what is pure, to hold it as close to my heart as possible like my life depends on it. Because, well it does!









No comments:

Post a Comment