Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Grade Here He Comes!!!!

It's that time of year again. Time to pack lunches and lay out clothes. Time for 8 pm bed time and back to school shopping. It's time for routine and waking up at the crack of dawn. 
I think we were all ready in our house. The summer was just long enough and it had been extremely hot! We were ready for school and excited because this year Hensley was going to the 1st grade!! 

We had met his teacher, dropped off supplies at school, got a new backpack, lunch box and sneakers. We were set. All organized and feeling really confident. This year was much different come the first day. Hensley and I both had a lot less jitters then last year. 

Our bedtime story :) 

I was worried because we sort of waited until the last minute to start the going to bed early routine this year but after Hensley was up he was too excited to be sleepy. He ate a great breakfast, got ready and snapped a few photos before we were off to his very first day of 1st grade! 




Today you are you, that is truer then true. There is no one alive like you that is youer then you! Oh the places you'll go, today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way!!!




We chatted on the way to school. I reminded him of his lunch number and his teachers name. We talked about how he was feeling and about the new friends he was going to make. There was one very big difference when we arrived at school this year for the first day....Hensley did not want me to walk him in! Seriously!?!?! I walked him for almost a month last year, and even once that was over he still really wanted me to keep doing it. It made me really realize just how much he has grown. He was so confident and independent and my heart was so sad the mommy side of me was so sad. At the same time I was so incredibly grateful and proud of him and so thankful that he is mine :) 

And I walked him anyway.....of course :) 


Fast forward several hours later and I was picking up a happy little boy who had a HUGE smile across his face! He was beaming when I picked him and he had a lot to report about! He had an amazing first day! I asked Hensley on a scale of 1 to 10 how great of a day did he have? His response...."100!!". I so grateful for this amazing little community he gets to be a part of! 

His new teacher seems so so organized and so sweet. I love her already and I am so excited to see what this year has to offer :) 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment